Tuesday, February 16, 2010

 

Eustace's review of Prince Caspian before watching the movie with commentary by Roger Dasses

Prince Caspian, what I thought
Review By eustace (See My Rating For the Film: 9.63)

Now that I have watched the movie for myself, I will tell you what I thought of it.
I will start with the characters:
Prince Caspian: I really didn’t like how he was changed, he really didn’t seem all that smart to me. So, I felt that I really wanted to argue with Caspian on every point. His accent was really distracting.
Peter:I disliked that he was so arrogant most of the time. But when he was yelling at Caspian in their fight after the battle I was cheering for him.
Susan: I really disliked how they made her the Warrior Princess, she also didn’t not have a lot fears like she had in the book.
Edmund: He was missing most of his funny lines and didn’t get to name Trumpkin DLF.
Lucy: Her insight she had in the book was lost, especially when she didn’t bring of up the scary thought of people becoming animals but still look like people.
Trumpkin: Is not as funny as he was in the book and doesn’t make as many jokes.
Basically that’s all the characters I will mention. At the begining, I was confused why Edmund and Trumpkin were fighting in the movie. In the book, I knew that they were fighting because Trumpkin didn’t believe they were help but that wasn’t clear in the movie.
The night raid was actually mentioned in the book as the plan of although they decieded not to do that.
The kiss well, let’s just say I didn’t like it. I think enough people have said their personal view of it. It wasn’t in the book so it shouldn’t have been there. I missed the party with the trees at the end (where Edmund eats dirt, because it looks like chocolate.)
The end song was really sad and I felt sadder then I felt when i read the book. So, I felt that it was too sad.
Also, I thought it was sad that Aslan showed up in a dream and they didn’t follow Aslan to find the path down the gourge. So, in the end it was an okay movie, but the book beat it by far.
Here’s How I Rated the Film:
Acting 10/10
Directing 10/10
Digital Effects 10/10
Music (Score) 9/10
Cinematography 9/10
Adaptation 10/10
Costumes 9/10
Makeup/Prosthetics 10/10
SCORE AVERAGE 9.63

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?